What does Project Controls mean? What is the relationship between Project Controls and project management? What are the benefits of Project Controls for a project organisation? Which conditions are essential for a project organisation for the effective implementation of Project Controls? These questions are key in the Principles of Project Controls training module, the ideal start to your eductation in Project Controls.
This training can be followed remote and in a classroom. Please indicate your preferences on the registration form.
No specific prior knowledge is required for this training module. It is also possible to follow this training as part of the Scheduling Engineer course. We advice you to folow this course in combination with “The Art of setting up the WBS”.
After completing this module you will receive a Primaned Academy certificate.
€ 247.50 excl. VAT / including material, lunch & drinks
The use of practical examples was also very strong. The trainer knew what he was talking about.
Erik, Project Controller, Selficient
Teachers of this course
Stefan Hollak PhD
Marijn van Essen MSc
Blogs on this topic
Project Controls – A Definition
The era of the big shot project manager might be over. Project management has evolved into such a multidimensional profession, that it is no longer realistic to expect a single person to show excellence in all facets of project management. Different aspects of project management require a different skill set.
The following topics, among others, are discussed during this training:
- Definition of Project Controls. What exactly is project control? What are the challenges of this field and how does this field relate to project managers and project leaders?
- Project Controls Strategy. How do you ensure that you not only control your projects, but can also take strategic decisions at portfolio level? How does your application landscape look, and how do you decide in which knowledge areas you can make quick profits?
- Project Controls Knowledge Areas. What do the 8 knowledge areas have to do with project control and how do they influence each other?
- Project Controls Cycle. What are the two update cycles of a project and how should they be completed?
- Project Controls Techniques. There are many techniques to better control projects. This overview ensures that you know the possibilities and advantages of the various techniques.